I love working with Mervis Diamond. They are the top jeweler and diamond engagement ring business in the DC area with locations on Kst NW, Rockville, MD, and Tysons Corner, VA. Now that 2018 is upon us I wanted to find out the hottest engagement ring trends of 2018 (I’m kinda thinking this might be the year I get engaged:) Dan…!? Ha). Love making sure you’re in the know, so here are the 5 Engagement Ring Trends of 2018 according to Mervis Diamond:
- L’Amour by Christopher Designs – L’Amour rings look 25% bigger than any other cut diamond. Emerald cut, Princess cut, Christopher has mastered a unique way of cutting a diamond so it appears larger than the actual carat size. A one carat looks like like a 1.5 carat, and up and up! Starting at all price points you’ll love this look because you get a larger looking diamond for a better price.
- East/West Diamond – This style is about taking the stone and setting it horizontally instead of vertically. This ring is growing in popularity for the person who feels like they’ve ‘been there, seen that’ when it comes to engagement rings! Personally, I LOVE this look. This ring comes in different sizes of course and all different price points.
- Stacks! Stacks! Stacks! – So fun, stacks can be mixed and match with a diamond band, single diamond rings, rose gold, gold, you name it. Mixing and matching is so hot and so affordable. Rings start in the $1200 range.
- Mix and Match! Mixing and matching is all about the BLING! Start with a gorgeous diamond ring and add various colored diamond bands for your anniversary or push gift. A very bold look
- Lab Grown – This one is SO interesting to me. Lab grown are just what they sound like. Lab grown diamonds are real diamonds and are chemically and physically the same as a natural diamond produced in ground via Mother Nature. Everyone at Mervis tells us that women LOVE these rings but men will not purchase them for their partners unless the partners approve! Great option if you want a BIG ring at a GREAT price
One of the many things I love about Mervis is how open and ethical they are with their business. Their diamonds are 100% ethically sourced and Mervis is all about celebrating love. Gay, straight, however and whoever you love they love helping you find the perfect ring and gift for that special person in your life.
Make an appointment today, tell them the Hey Frase Podcast with Paul Wharton sent you and you’ll be in good hands. Jeremy is the gentleman who appears in the video with me. He’s worked at Mervis for 14 years and knows the business inside and out.
Also, Mervis gives a 100% lifetime diamond trade up towards your next purchase, and always complimentary cleanings.
Love you guys, out of the top 5 which is your favorite style? Comment below.