Park Potomac Ladies Night Was A HUGE HIT!
Park Potomac showed us all that they knew how to party after hosting a Ladies Night in the courtyard with a super hot DJ, ever-flowing wine, tons of dancing and limitless hand-passed small bites; courtesy of Founding Farmer’s, SUGO & Addies! With the support of J Shea events, the Park Potomac courtyard became a colorful and happening party place welcoming approximately 275 women (and some men) from the Park Potomac community and beyond. The event was free, but guest were encouraged to bring donations for our non-profit partner sponsor: iSupport the girls. All-in-all, they reported a final count of 3,167 items donated: 2,792 maxipads, 209 tampons, and 166 new and gently used bras that will be provided to women in need. So, kudos to our generous guests!
Before I tell you about the night, I’d also like to share a note of appreciation to our generous sponsors: Without these wonderful Park Potomac businesses listed below, we wouldn’t have been able to offer this event for free. Thanks to each of you for your generosity! Please click on the links to learn more about each one:* Addies Restaurant * Elevation Burger * Founding Farmers * Gym & Tonic Athleisure * I Support The Girls * Karma by Erwin Gomez * Park Potomac by Foulger-Pratt * Park Potomac Yoga * Shulman Rogers At Law * SUGO * The Wine Harvest *
PRE-GAMING: The evening kicked off at 6:00PM with a pop-up podcast we like to call, our first “Podcast In The Park”. The show was able to highlight some of the many local businesses located at Park Potomac. In between fun antidotes from yours truly Sarah & Andrea Lopez, we featured:
- Debi Schenk, Founder of Park Potomac Yoga who showed viewers what going “all in” on your business really looks like
- Dana Marlowe – The founder of MOCO-based I Support The Girls, who now oversees this national charity brand, shared information about the organization, chatted “Alien Stock” and encouraged the girls to charter a bus to “Bravo Con”
- SUGO got us in the party mood with one of their bartenders shaking up a tropical guava margarita and one of their FAB staff Prince Elijah talking all things positivity and freestyle flows!
- Sarah & AJ’s OOTD’s were provided by the trendy Gym & Tonic boutique. Trust us: visit them and treat yourself! We can’t guarantee it will solve your problems, but you will look fabulous!
- Finally… two of the lovely ladies and frequenting friendly faces of Park Potomac, both Maribeth & Courtney, stepped on set to great their community. In their mission to enhance the community, they are the reason why fun things like bocce, putt-putt and this Ladies Night exist on property.
We transitioned right into our Ladies Night following the show and guests got right up and moving to the jams played by DJ Royal. The deck that hosted our seated audience quickly became our dance floor. Almost on cue, guests began to flow in, guests snapped pics in front of the “The Champagne Made Me Do It” back drop, hand passed hors d’oeuvres arrived from all directions and the bars and the dance floor filled up! Back-to-back hot jams were playing. We sipped on wine and sampled tons of amazing small bites. We laughed. We posed with our friends for selfies and even happened upon new friends. We danced… even when we didn’t even know all the steps to the line dances. Then laughed some more. Altogether, some from Park Potomac and some from beyond, but all feeling welcome and having carefree fun on a clear, autumn Ladies Night in the Park. Cheers to Park Potomac, our gracious host!
xo, liz coppock